What added value do you bring to your clients?
Susan offers examples of services that she has provided to clients above and beyond the recruitment and placement of a candidate. Why? As a consulting partner Susan wants to be able to add value, which is what clients expect from a retained search firm, and what makes it different from a contingency firm or an internal staffing department. It also explains why the firm limits its search projects to a maximum of four consulting assignments at any one time.
Most recently, for example,
For a media client she:
- Kept them from making a hiring mistake on a potential candidate who the client was looking at for an alternative position, (not the original position the candidate had interviewed for), who Susan knew wasn’t “up to” the position and confirmed that suspicion through reference checking.
- Garnered outside legal advice for a client as a specialist legal opinion
- Made introductions to industry leaders who were not candidates but could possibly bring business to the client and industry insight as to the next trends and ideas arising in the marketplace.
- Found qualified and desirable candidates in a week’s time
For a private equity client she:
- Made introductions to people who had potential new investment deals, some could be deemed possible candidates in the near or long term
- Make introductions for well connected professionals, who were not potential candidates, who could steer the client toward possible investment deals
What would you like your search firm to provide that they currently don’t? We’d love to hear from you. Please let us know how we can make a difference to your business.